Wind & Water Writing Contest
Bust out of the winter doldrums and flex your writing muscles by submitting to the Prince Edward County Arts Council’s first annual Wind & Water Writing Contest. We invite writers from the Quinte region to submit their best work in their favourite genre.
- 1st Prize: $250, published in Artscene (our monthly newsletter with over 1200 subscribers) and on our website and shared in social media.
- 2nd Prize: $100, published on our website
- Honourable Mention: Published on our website and a fifty-page consult with Kelly S. Thompson
- Pieces can be any genre.
- Pieces should be no longer than 1600 words.
- Writers may enter as often as they like.
- The piece submitted cannot be previously published.
- Only emailed entries will be considered.
- Ensure your name does not appear on your submission anywhere except on the cover letter.
- You must reside in the Quinte region.
- Entries must be accompanied by a $15 entry fee and $10 for additional entries.
- Prince Edward County Arts Council and Quinte Arts Council members pay only $10 and $5 for each additional submission.
HOW TO ENTER
- Include a cover letter with your name, title, genre, word count, contact info, and a short bio.
- Include your title on every page of your entry in the header.
- Number every page.
- Select the PayPal drop down menu item for your first or additional payment. Once complete, note your order number and include that your cover letter as proof of payment.
- Send all submissions by email, in PDF or a WORD DOC only, along with proof of payment to email@example.com.